Monday, September 26, 2011

Don't be such a chicken

I decided not to post last week - while I had done some knitting, the majority of my time was taken up doing the jigsaw for my sister which I mentioned previously. It's nearly finished now, but as my sister is under a lot of time pressure I'm going to do another one for her, on a tighter time schedule. Her exhibition is sure to be awesome thanks to my mad jigsaw skillz.
As predicted, I had to frog the cable gloves (mentioned here). I hadn't accounted for how much the cable pulls in the stitches around it and they were too small. I've started them again with more stitches this time.


A friend of mine is passionate about poultry welfare, so for her birthday this week I made this little guy from polymer clay. He has a little dot of red clay on his butt, but I feel it just adds to the charm....right? The beak was made with white clay and colored in yellow with a Sharpie.


These are also for her. I don't know how I survived this long without being able to make facecloths as a quick, useful gift. The color scheme was selected especially to cater to her love of purple.


Right. I gotta go finish this jigsaw before round 2.

1 comment:

  1. That chicken is way too adorable.
    Good job on the jigsaw. I really enjoyed our Kirby/Jigsaw day :)

    ReplyDelete