Sunday, August 21, 2011

End of something big, start of....?

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the most impressive thing I made this week - certainly the thing I'm most proud of. While I could post the document itself, I doubt many would be overly interested in 124 pages about a specific aspect of carbohydrate chemistry. My mind is beginning to reconcile itself with the fact it's over - the hangover I had yesterday certainly helped drive the fact home. When I saw my Masters thesis all bound and professional looking and finished, my mind really was at a loss. What am I going to think about now? it asked me. Over the next few weeks I will attempt to answer this question.

I mentioned I was making an overly large hat last week. Despite ripping back and resizing once or twice, I couldn't get the size exactly the same. I decided to make it a little smaller, as I'm sure it will get stretched out with wear anyway.
I've been sketching a lot of sugar skulls lately - you may remember my skull shrinky necklaces from a few weeks ago. Today while nursing a still somewhat sore head (I haven't drunk that heavily in a while. Correction - I haven't drunk tequila in a while) and watching the cycling, I did a little bit of embroidery on the same theme.
I think we all look forward to me being able to take pictures in natural light. And perhaps spending more time making posts interesting too. As it is, I have a semi-busy first week of freedom, between getting some money sorted and and going to Donegal. Oh yes, I'll be going home during the week until next Monday, so the next post will either be late....or early. I haven't decided yet.

Have an awesome week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment