Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tiresome.

I got my chemistry piece submitted in the nick of time....or I would have, if the deadline hadn't been extended until October. Not that they changed the dates on the entry form or the website or anything like that. Silly people.
I realize lately it's been mostly ongoing knitting projects, with not much new or finished items. I'm currently in the throes of trying to finish my laboratory work, so I concentrate on actually writing my Master's thesis, which is due in August. Being in the lab late enough most weekday evenings and every Saturday hasn't left me much time for, well, anything, to be honest with you. So for now, due to limited time and concentration, most of the my crafting is limited to a bit of mindless knitting before bedtime. As such, I managed to finish one sock this week.
I used slightly larger needles than the yarn recommended - 3.25mm instead of 3.00 mm - mainly because I couldn't find my 3.00mm. The knit was tight enough from the cuff to the heel, but for some reason my gauge became very loose along the foot, no matter how much I tried to rein it in. I'm not overly concerned though -  these socks are intended for comfortable slouching around the house, so they shouldn't have to hold up to too much punishment.

Progress continues on Jim's scarf - we're at 36 inches now.
A random brooch I made from some remnants. 2 little stockinette knit squares set at 45 degrees to each other, a pin back and a button. Simplicity itself.
I dabbled a bit with my sewing machine last night, and have a hair clip I'm pretty pleased with to show for it. I'm not sure what the other heart will be yet - possibly a keyring?

I can't wait to be (hopefully temporarily) unemployed. It sucks when you're too tired to craft!

Have a great Bank Holiday Monday

1 comment:

  1. Till October?!! Wow... Well, at least you have your piece done and finished. (: Crafts this week look awesome!

    ReplyDelete