Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fixing my life up

Kristin over at Craft Leftovers put out a call for inventive ways to mend or upcycle ripped, stained or garments which might otherwise fall into disuse or be thrown out. Remember my fabric pinwheel? I didn't really know what to do with it at the time, but it occurred to me that it might be a nice way to hide a tear or, as I'm much more likely to acquire, a permanent weird stain. The advantage of this is that the size of the pinwheel can be adjusted depending on stain/rip to be disguised, and the fabrics can be selected to match or compliment the garment.

I don't think it will get selected for a prize or anything, but I enjoyed having a 'problem' to think of a solution for. Maybe I'll try and find some little craft-alongs to get me thinking.
When I came down on the bus from Donegal, there was a nice person waiting for me with some nice flowers. It was incredibly sweet, treatment I'm really not used to! While unpacking, I came along a little photo album I'd been gifted. It was perfect timing because I'd finally got around to printing some photos - for basically the first time since I got my camera around 2 years ago, if you can believe that. A great gift but....a little plain. I recovered it using the florists paper that my flowers came in, as well as a fragment of some pretty jazzy wrapping paper I had lying around. I'm omitting a photo of the back because, eh, I managed to get some red paint on it....somehow. Typical.


The next few weeks have the potential to be pretty stressful for me, for reasons I'll detail when I know what's going on in my life. I'm determined to keep crafting through it though. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment